We really appreciate your feedback on the new version of Toggl! Our recent blogpost received a record number of comments, and there has also been a massive amount of direct feedback.
As there were a number of concerns you voiced, I’d like to clarify a few of the issues:
- The old version is still available here – https://old.toggl.com. We’ll keep it running until the end of June. Please let us know if you’d like to postpone this date for any reason (important features still missing from the New, user training takes time, etc)
- Percentages in reports. Many of you miss the percentage breakdown of pie charts in the summary reports, we have plans to put it back.
- Actual vs. estimated time for tasks. This is also something we intend to add.
- Visual should be more contrasted, and there is too much empty space. Please try the compact view (http://support.toggl.com/compact-mode-for-timer/). As for the color-scheme, the general look will stay this way. There will be improvements in the areas where specific UI elements are not well readable.
- Project list is not aligned. This is something that we’re considering to improve, but there are no specific plans yet.
- Integrations and multi-language support. Both are in the works, we are aiming to release the first version of integrations already in April.
- Support for older browsers (IE9 etc.). Internet Explorer 9 is over 3 years old by now, which in terms of technological advance is a very long time. That is why this browser is not supported, and we recommend to upgrade to IE10 or IE11 if possible.
Also, your feedback has revealed several bugs that we keep fixing constantly. I can assure you that we listen to every bit of feedback you give us. Please note that reacting to user feedback with technical changes takes time, but it doesn’t mean that we are not working on updates. The first version of New Toggl was publicly released last August (http://blog.toggl.com/2013/08/the-new-way/), and we’re still improving hundreds of small details which you, our users, have pointed out. This work will carry on for the foreseeable future, so there will be a constant improvement of the app.
Please write to us directly – https://www.toggl.com/app/#help to get assistance on how to better use the new version. Also, please check our Knowledge Base for detailed instrutions on New Toggl – http://support.toggl.com/.
If you have made a yearly pre-payment, and would like to cancel your account because of the upgrade, then please contact us.